Donate to Help The Cause
Make a Monetary Contribution
The ChooseFI International Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 charity and can accept donations via Paypal and via Donor Advised Fund (DAF) donation.
PayPal is the easiest way to make a tax-deductible donation via credit card.
Donating through Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
One of the most tax-efficient way to make a donation is through a DAF donation. What is that, you may ask? Well, it's a smart way to support a cause you believe in a tax-optimized way: you take the tax deduction immediately, the assets in the DAF appreciate tax-free, and you can choose when to donate the funds.
For more information, listen to Brad and Jonathan discuss Donor Advised funds back in episodes 67r (approximately 37 minutes in) and in episode 136 with the FI Tax Guy (approximately 44 minutes in).
The ChooseFI International Foundation can accept DAF donations in a couple of ways.
1. The DAF APP
Use the DAFDirect app if the assets you wish to donate from are held in:
- Fidelity Charitable
- Charles Schwab Charitable
- BNY Mellon
2. Vanguard Charitable Donor Advised Fund
Donating to the Foundation from Vanguard's Donor Advised Fund is done using a separate process.
Here is the procedure that Vanguard has defined for advising your wish to donate to the Foundation. You'll need the Foundation's EIN number for submitting this request, it is: EIN: 83-2597554, registered in Henrico, VA, United States.
How to Get Your Employer to Match Your Donations
Many companies have a donation matching program - so this is a great way to double the impact of your money.
- If your organization uses the "Benevity Causes Portal", you can use it locate the Foundation and likely make a matching donation that way. Or, you company may have its own donation-matching portal.
- Be sure to read the instructions provided by your company so that you understand the donation and matching guidelines. Many companies offer dollar for dollar matching up to a set amount, such as $1,000 Others may offer extra donated funds if you volunteer a pre-determined amount of hours to a charitable cause.
- To find the ChooseFI International Foundation in your company’s donation-matching web portal, first try searching by our official name. You may have to try it a few different ways because sometimes we may be listed as ChooseFI Foundation.
- If you can’t find us by name, try entering our EIN: 83-2597554.
- If we are not listed in your company’s system, you can usually request to have us added. Just look for a section titled something like “add a nonprofit” or “nominate an organization”.